The TikTok app go virul in the world,More and more people join the shortly video platform.But so many people concern about the privacy on the TikTok app. Does the TikTok App sell personal data? Today,Snailsy Tech will talk about this problem.
Does TikTok App Collect Personal Data?
The TikTok app claim that it will collect the information from the user.
What information do TikTok collect?
the TikTok app will collect so many data and I read it for 10 minutes. and I copy the official below:
- Registration information, such as age, username and password, language, and email or phone number
- Profile information, such as name, social media account information, and profile image
- User-generated content, including comments, photographs, videos, and virtual item videos that you choose to upload or broadcast on the Platform (“User Content”)
- Payment information, such as PayPal or other third-party payment information (where required for the purpose of payment)
- Your phone and social network contacts, with your permission. If you choose to find other users through your phone contacts, we will access and collect the names and phone numbers and match that information against existing users of the Platform. If you choose to find other users through your social network contacts, we will collect your public profile information as well as names and profiles of your social contacts
- Your opt-in choices and communication preferences
- Information to verify an account
- Information in correspondence you send to us
- Information you share through surveys or your participation in challenges, sweepstakes, or contests such as your gender, age, likeness, and preferences.
How TikTok use personal data?
The TikTok app will use the data to offer the different video for you on “for you” page.and follow the AI algorithm,You will get video which you love to watch.
It is the key for TikTok about the algorithm.and the TikTok algorithm is follow the personal data. for example, you love to watch the “Dog” video,when you get the funny dog video,you will love to click the “Heart” and then,the TikTok remember you this action and give you a tag, maybe it is “dogs lol”. Next time,You will get more dogs video.
As the TikTok app official claim that they will use the data for many place:
- to fulfill requests for products, services, Platform functionality, support and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes and to solicit your feedback
- to customize the content you see when you use the Platform. For example, we may provide you with services based on the country settings you have chosen or show you content that is similar to content that you liked or interacted with
- to send promotional materials from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third parties
- to improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development
- to measure and understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver targeted advertising
- to make suggestions and provide a customized ad experience
- to support the social functions of the Platform, including to permit you and other users to connect with each other through the Platform and for you and other users to share, download, and otherwise interact with User Content posted through the Platform
- to use User Content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform
- to understand how you use the Platform, including across your devices
- to infer additional information about you, such as your age, gender, and interests
- to help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform
- to ensure that you are old enough to use the Platform (as required by law)
- to communicate with you, including to notify you about changes in our services
- to announce you as a winner of our contest, sweepstakes, or promotions if permitted by the promotion rule, and to send you any applicable prizes
- to enforce our terms, conditions, and policies
- consistent with your permissions, to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising and other personalized content
- to inform our algorithms
- to combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Do the TikTok share your information?
Yes.the TikTok app will share the data for business purposes.TikTok share the categories of personal information listed above with service providers and business partners to help us perform business operations and for business purposes, including research, payment processing and transaction fulfillment, database maintenance, administering contests and special offers, technology services, deliveries, email deployment, advertising, analytics, measurement, data storage and hosting, disaster recovery, search engine optimization, marketing, and data processing.
Does TikTok App Sell Personal Data?
No,the TikTok app will not sell personal data as I know.
Beacuse there are two reason:
- it is no need to sell the personal data and the TikTok can use the data in the app and create more benefit by themself.
TikTok grossed $176.9 million in 2019—71 percent of its all-time total of $247.6 million. Q4 2019 was also the app’s best quarter yet for user spending, with the $88.5 million that it earned that quarter equalling double the the previous quarter’s gross, and six times that generated during the same quarter in 2018.–data from :sensortower
- TikTok app dont dare to sell personal data
the Youtube and Instagram starling on the TikTok app and want to break down the competitor in the dream.
If the TikTok app sell the person data, it is dig onself own grave.It will crack down within minutes.
Does TikTok App Sell Personal Data?
No,it will not sell the personal data.
But it will collect your personal data for tiktok and business to use. So,you can use it as free.